When it comes to deep sea fishing, Rarotonga has some great opportunities with a large number of operators based out of the Avarua Harbour. From the moment you leave Avarua Harbour you can set your lines.
Fish types that can be targeted throughout the year are listed below:
- Barracuda, average weight 14kgs, main season July-Nov
- Mahi Mahi, average weight 12kgs, main season Year round
- Marlin, average weight 100kgs, main season Nov-March
- Sailfish, average weight 60kgs, main season Nov-March
- Tuna - Bigeye, average weight 30kgs, main season Year round
- Tuna - Dogtooth, average weight 20kgs, main season Year round
- Tuna - Skipjack, average weight 8kgs, main season Dec-May
- Tuna - Yellowfin, average weight 30kgs, main season Year round
- Wahoo - average weight 18kgs, main season July - Nov
Sea Change Villas particularly recommends Brendon who skippers his boat 'Dawn Breaker' . Brendon goes fishing at optimum feeding times so this can mean early start times and the opportunity to see the sun rise over the beautiful island of Rarotonga. Guests really enjoy Brendon great conversation skills and his commitment to ensuring that our special guest has the best possible opportunity to catch "a big one".
Booking your fishing excursion can be made through the office at the luxurious Sea Change Villas, Rarotonga.